Each student is assigned a faculty advisor. Your faculty advisor can provide information concerning professional development, career paths, internships or co-ops, and other issues related to your professional growth.
The Technology Student Services office in TC 101 will assist Undergraduate Technology students in many of our majors with most issues concerning scheduling.
- For Automotive Technology Management (ATM), Construction Management (CM), and Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) majors please email your questions toMelissa.email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org call 1-888-478-7003 (toll free) or 1-812-237-9021 Monday – Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Eastern time, or see Melissa Froderman in TC101F.
- For Technology Management (TM), Human Resource Development (HRD), Career and Technical Education (CTE), and Technology Engineering Education (TEE) majors, please email your questions to email@example.com , call 1-888-478-7003 (toll free) or 1-812-237-3346 Monday – Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Eastern time, or see Jo Anne Seybold in TC 101A.
- All other majors, please contact your faculty advisor
Priority registration for continuing students click here:http://www.indstate.edu/registrar/index.htm
advisement pin number
- Continuing students who have completed at least 63 hours are not required to use a PIN in order to register for classes.
- All students new to ISU and continuing students who have completed fewer than 63 hours require a PIN in order to register for classes. To obtain your PIN, email (or call) Technology Students Services Scheduling Assistant and provide your proposed class schedule. After your schedule is reviewed you will receive your PIN.
A few weeks before Priority Registration all classes may be viewed by clicking: ‘Schedule of Classes’ in the ISU A-Z search (http://prodinteract.indstate.edu/pls/prod/bwckschd.p_disp_dyn_sched) or ‘Dynamically Searchable Schedule of Classes’ on MyISU and select the desired term. You can also search specifically for Distance courses or for all courses that fill a specific Gen Ed requirement. For example:
- Subject: To see all, click first item in list, hold Shift key, scroll and click last item. The entire block should be highlighted. Click outside box to lock.
- Schedule Type: If only Distance courses are needed, click ‘Distance Blackboard Course’, hold Cntl key, and also click ‘Distance Education’. Click outside box to lock. Otherwise, leave on default ‘All’.
- Course Level: Click ‘Undergraduate’
- Attribute Type: Click the specific Gen Ed requirement
- Click ‘Class Search’ at bottom
- This should bring up all classes offered via distance for the requirement selected.
- Click on the given title of a class, scroll down, and you will see whether the class is full.
This should bring up all classes offered via distance for the requirement selected. To view additional information about the course click on the title bar. Important: When you finish using the ‘Attribute’ area and are going to look for a specific course or all of the courses in a specific subject, make sure you click on ‘All’ at the top of the attribute list. If you don’t do this the search will not give you the information requested.
You can also search by ‘day’ and ‘time of day’ that you want to take courses by using the options near the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: Effective Fall 2008 the prefixes/Subject for courses offered by the College of Technology are as follows:
- AET – Automotive Engineering Technology
- AVT – Aviation Technology
- CNST – Construction
- CTE – Career & Technical Education
- ECT – Electronics/Computer Technology
- HRD – Human Resource Development
- MET – Mechanical Engineering Technology
- PKG – Packaging
- TCED – Technology Education
- TMGT – Technology Management
- IAD - Interior Architecture Design
- SFTY - Safety Management